More men are appreciating the benefits of a flatter stomach and a more masculine-looking physique. Weight fluctuation, genetics, and the natural aging process can all combine to cause loose skin and excess flab around your midsection. A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, can help trim and tighten the skin and remove excess abdominal fat. It can also tighten underlying musculature and create a smoother, more contoured appearance.
A tummy tuck can be life-changing. Looking and feeling younger and fitter can give men more confidence at home, in the gym, and in the workplace. Request a complimentary consultation to learn more about abdominoplasty and find the best procedures and treatments to help you achieve the look you want. We offer convenient appointment times at 3 locations in Southern California to accommodate your needs.
The entire staff at “FAC” was incredibly professional and discrete. I never had to wait to see the doctors or nurses, which is something that is very rare in a doctor’s office. Thank you to the doctors and the entire team. You all are great!!!
Why Choose Facial Aesthetic Concepts?
Facial Aesthetic Concepts has been serving Orange County and the Los Angeles area for nearly 40 years.
During your consultation, the doctor will talk with you about your goals and perform a physical exam to determine the best cosmetic procedure options. If a tummy tuck is recommended for you, we will inform you about what you should expect, including preparation, the surgery itself, and recovery. After you speak with the doctor, our surgical coordinator will give you a detailed quote that outlines the cost of a tummy tuck procedure. We never pressure anyone to schedule surgery on the day of the consultation — you’re always free to think things over and take your time to ensure you’re making the best decision.
Best Candidates for a Tummy Tuck
A candidate for tummy tuck surgery will be in good overall health and will have at least one of the following:
- Loose skin and weaker muscles in the abdominal area due to substantial weight loss, aging, or other factors.
- An abdomen that protrudes with a size that seems out of proportion to the body as a whole.
- Unsuccessful attempts to reduce excess fat with exercise and a healthy diet.
Keep in mind that if you smoke, you will be required to quit several weeks before your procedure and won’t be allowed to smoke again for several weeks afterward. Having a tummy tuck may be the perfect opportunity for you to kick the habit for good.
What to Expect from a Tummy Tuck
There are several types of tummy tucks to consider:
- Mini tummy tuck — This procedure is best for men whose excess skin and muscle laxity is mostly in the lower abdomen. It usually results in a smaller incision (about 4 inches). However, it doesn’t offer the same level of sculpting and abdominal tightness as the full tummy tuck.
- Full (or traditional) tummy tuck — This procedure requires a horizontal incision low in the abdominal area and a second incision around the navel. The size of the incisions will vary among individuals depending on their anatomy. This option targets both the upper and lower abdomen.
- Extended tummy tuck — For men who have excess skin from weight loss, an extended tummy tuck may be the best option. In this procedure, excess skin and abdominal fat are removed from the abdomen and both flanks (“love handles”). The abdominal muscles are also tightened. A larger incision is needed to achieve this level of contouring.
There are situations for which combining a tummy tuck with liposuction will provide a more satisfying outcome for men. A tummy tuck may also be combined with male breast reduction or other cosmetic procedures for a more comprehensive improvement.
Your Abdominoplasty Recovery & Results
After surgery, most men will wake feeling groggy. Most patients stay overnight in our recovery suite with our nurse to ensure the highest level of comfort and care to start your recovery right.
Expect minor discomfort during the immediate postoperative period. This is usually alleviated within 4 to 7 days with the help of prescription pain medication. An abdominal binder will be worn for a few days to decrease swelling then replaced with a compression garment for a few weeks for abdominal support.
Individual healing rates vary, but most men will need to be off work for at least 2 weeks from a desk job. For more strenuous work, you will likely need to take at least 4 weeks off. However, bed rest is not usually needed. In fact, men having a tummy tuck are encouraged to be up and moving around on the first post-op day.
Once the swelling and bruising have gone down, you will start to see a significant difference in the look of the abdomen, with a trimmer and smoother midsection and improved muscle definition. Most men are able to resume their normal exercise routine within 6 to 8 weeks of surgery.
You’re not alone if you’d like to do something about your gut. We encourage you to take the next step and contact us online or call us today at (888) 713-7814 to schedule a consultation.