Injections like Botox are touted as an effective “quick-fix” with some impressive results achievable if done right.
But how long do dermal fillers last? How much do they cost? What are the side effects?
There’s a lot to consider before diving-in for wrinkle reduction or “Brotox” (yes, it’s a thing), so we’re going to explore the pointy-end so you can make an informed decision…
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last? Up To 3 Years, But…
It all depends on the type of dermal filler you choose.
According to recent statistics, this is how long the most common types of fillers last:
- Collagen – around 2-3 months
- Hyaluronic Acid – roughly 4-12 months
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite – approximately from 6 months to 1 year
- Poly-L-lactic Acid – approx. 1-3 years
- Autologous (using fat from your own body) – around 1-3 years
- Polymethylmethacrylate – permanent.
But if you’re wondering: “How long do dermal fillers last under eyes and how long will they last on mine?” Then that’s a question you’ll need to ask a professional dermatologist.
Everyone Knows Botox, But What Are The Other Types Of Dermal Fillers?
Fillers are categorized based on their active ingredient. Each has a specific function and, in some cases, can only be used on certain areas of your body…
1. Hyaluronic Acid Fillers – Some of the more well-known brand names are:
- Belotero Balance
- Juvederm – XC, Voluma XC, Ultra XC, Volbella XC
- Restylane – L, Lift, Silk, Refyne, Defyne
2. Collagen Fillers – Some of the more well-known brand names are:
3. Synthetic Fillers – Some of the more well-known brand names are:
4. Autologous Fillers (a.k.a. fat transfer or fat grafting) – These fillers literally consist of fat taken from your body.
What Are The Most Popular Injectables For Facelifts?
Recent studies have found that certain injections are more favorable among filler experts – especially those in Asia.
When it comes to improving the appearance of midface and forehead, the preferred fillers are:
- Filler rhinoplasty and nasolabial folds – Radiesse
- Dark circles – Esthelis Basic
- Forehead augmentation – Juvederm Voluma
Are There Any Face Fillers Side Effects?
Although generally safe to use, dermal fillers injections may still result in certain unwanted reactions. According to scientific research, the common complications associated with face fillers can be classified by the time of onset:
1. Early onset side effects (potentially experienced in days-weeks following)
- Reaction at the injection site
- Solid nodules
- Allergic reaction
- Tissue necrosis
2. Delayed onset side effects (potentially appearing in weeks-years following)
- Granulomatous inflammation
- Implanted filler migration
So how to stay side-effect free? When the injections are administered by a qualified professional, the chance of adverse reactions is slim to none.
How Much Do Dermal Fillers Cost?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons highlights the following average prices (per syringe), taken from their 2016 annual statistics:
- Hyaluronic Acid (Juvederm, Elevess, Belotero, Restylane etc.) – $644
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (Radiesse) – $687
- Polylactic acid (Sculptra) – $773
- Polymethyl-Methacrylate Microspheres or PMMA (Bellafill) – $859
- Autologous (fat transfer) – $1,930
This data represents the average price for certain dermal filler treatments, while the average cost of a facelift in the US is slightly more than 7k, or $7,048 to be precise.
As a general rule of thumb, the cost of the procedure will depend on a few different factors, including:
- The level of expertise of your plastic surgeon
- The type of dermal filler that’s used
- The amount of filler needed (most patients require more than 1 procedure to achieve the desired effect).
Recent Dermal Fillers Before And After Images
How long do dermal fillers last? These happy patients have been enjoying long-lasting results for treatment to their face:
Ready To Try Them For Yourself?
We know just how much you value your appearance and that’s why we offer various options when it comes to fillers, including top picks such as the Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma XC.
Now you have the chance to achieve that youthful and attractive look, without going under the knife.
Don’t hesitate to gives us a call at 888-744-1828 and our friendly team of professionals will help you find the ideal filler procedure to suit your needs.