Are you looking for a way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and improve your overall look and texture of the skin on your face, neck, or chest?
The field of cosmetic surgery is now able to use advanced tools like ultrasonic waves and laser light to achieve stunning results. Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing is one of the best ways to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and other skin imperfections while also encouraging the production of collagen in the skin.
As we and are exposed to years of sun damage and environmental pollutants, the collagen in our skin gets damaged and sometimes destroyed. Collagen is important — it is a protein in our connective tissues that help keep our skin firm, plump and free of lines.
If you have been looking for a non-surgical way to enhance your appearance, then it is a good idea for you to know what Fractional CO2 lasers are, how it works and why it may be a more effective treatment than other methods.
What Is a Fractional CO2 Laser?
A Fractional CO2 laser utilizes a high-energy laser light divided into tiny columns. These columns selectively target tissue while leaving nearby areas undamaged to foster faster healing. The light itself can be altered to selectively target healthy cells, or changed to alter cells in a fashion similar to chemical peels. This allows it to provide varying results designed to effectively rejuvenate the face by removing undesirable tissue.
How Does a Fractional CO2 Laser Work?
The laser light is the main mechanism in a Fractional CO2 laser. It introduces light containing high amounts of energy, which passes through certain cells while transforming into heat. This heat causes a safe destruction of cells at a cellular level. The destruction of these cells is important as it enables the body to regenerate them. Once the old skin cells are affected, new cells will be formed to replace them. New cells equals fresh face!
Why Can Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment Offer Better Results?
Besides the major benefit of reduced healing times, there are a quite a few other benefits that make this treatment more preferable for patients to undergo. These benefits include:
- Effectively treating skin conditions – Everything from light wrinkles to age spots can be treated with the right Fractional CO2 laser. This can provide lasting rejuvenation to the face with a more overall youthful appearance.
- Improving blood flow to the skin – The selective damage to the skin encourages blood flow to the face. This can help with numerous conditions, such as minor cases of rosacea and acne. As we know, blood flow encourages healing.
- Generating new, healthy skin – This treatment can rejuvenate entire areas of your skin. This happens after old, unattractive skin has been affected, which in turn produces an even greater result.
- Stimulating collagen production – The last major benefit of this treatment is the way that it can stimulate collagen production. This can reverse light to moderate signs of aging while slowing the progression of further lines and wrinkles.
- Enhancing Skin tone & texture – With resurfacing you skin, you are ultimately helping to rejuvenate your skin tone and texture. Reaffirming that youthful glow.
Contact Us Today
To determine if Fractional CO2 laser treatments can work for you, talk with the our medical experts at FAC. We will schedule a consultation designed to diagnose your skin’s needs. Our providers will form an effective plan for rejuvenating your skin to a healthier state. Contact us today to book your appointment.
Click here to see before and after images of those who have done this treatment